Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Mark de Monoloq releases new LP album 'Icosahedron'


The composer and producer of music known as Mark de Monoloq has released his newest LP album, “Icosahedron.” The record includes 20 original tracks for an approximate listening time approaching two hours. It has been proudly published as an independent release without the direction of the corporate music industry. Eclectic, ambient, experimental and exploratory, “Icosahedron” is Mark de Monoloq's crowning achievement to date and a great reason for music fans to experience his repertoire right away.

Canada's Mark de Monoloq cites as main artistic influences Boards Of Canada, Tycho, Flying Lotus, Justice, Brian Eno, Howard Shore, Jon Hopkins, Hans Zimmer, David Bowie, deadmau5, Björk, Aphex Twin, Imogen Heap, Moby, and James Newton Howard. This illustrious list proves Monoloq to be an artist with great music taste, and there are similarities between his work and elements from some of the above, but in the end his music is singular to his own creativity.

“I was introduced to the world of music around the age of 10 when I began taking piano lessons,” he writes. “I learned everything from theory to practice, which I was able to apply at the Royal Conservatory of Music.”

Though the result of classical training, Mark de Monoloq's music remains surprising and hard to pin down. Asked to elucidate the intended themes and meanings of his rather expansive record, he suggests a natural, sonic subjectivity guiding the process.

“The truth is that there really is no message other than what you make it to be. Everything is completely abstract. Of course, there is the underlying tone that the 'Icosahedron' brings. Its association with the Sacral Chakra, and the element of water helps to add definition to texture and flow, along with passion and pleasure. But as far as images and messages go, you tell me!”

An icosahedron is a polygon with 20 sides. It's no accident that Monoloq's record contains the same number of tracks, each with its own style and character. His current official bio colors him as a personable, curious adventurer in sound:

“My name is Mark de Monoloq. I compose electronic music, or rather, electronically treated acoustic music. One of my favorite tools is my Zoom H4N [a specialized handheld microphone] which at times, makes me feel that the world around me is the true musician at play. I love experimenting with sound design and pushing the tools I own to their limits. Even then, those limitations can be broken with the right amount of creativity. My only true goal with my music is to experiment. Not everyone will have the same experience as I do when listening to my music, but I suppose that's the point. It's all completely abstract. There is no message or images other than what you make it to be. The way I see it, the more rules I break, the better!”

“Icosahedron” by Mark de Monoloq is available online worldwide from over 700 quality digital music stores now. Get in early.

-S. McCauley
Lead Press Release Writer
www.MondoTunes.com

“Icosahedron” by Mark de Monoloq –

Official Website –


No comments:

Post a Comment