Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Rapper Mr. Red releases new mixtape 'Expensive Taste'



The rap artist from Chicago known as Mr. Red has released his latest mixtape, “Expensive Taste,” hosted by DJ Smoke Mixtapes. The album contains eight original Mr. Red tracks for an approximate total listening time of 20 minutes. It has been proudly published as an independent release without the direction of the corporate music industry. Bearing elements of '90s old-school hip hop and as well as cutting edge modern styles, “Expensive Taste” by Mr. Red is bringing the gangsta sound into the new millennium.

The Chicago-raised Mr. Red cites as main artistic influences Jay Z, Jeezy, Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, Pusha T, Yo Gotti, 50 Cent, N.W.A., Drake, and Future. His own sound is largely based on the East Coast tradition of hip hop, but includes also that Chicago aggression which can be found also in artists from the area such as Common, Twista, Lupe Fiasco and even some of Kanye West's more in-your-face material.

Asked to describe the overall themes of his “Expensive Taste,” Mr. Red writes, “The message that I want my listeners to get from my music is how get money and live good, and not only just listen, but visualize the picture that I’m trying to paint with my words.”

“Expensive Taste” is the most recent addition to Mr. Red's repertoire which already includes the singles “I'm a O.G. F/ King Louie,” which charted in the Top 200, and “Plug f/ Scotty,” as well as a 2015 mixtape, “Mr. Red the O.G., Hosted by DJ Holiday.”

Informing the music and urban poetry of Mr. Red is a history of hard living in the streets of Chi-Town.

“My mom and pops made me,” says Red, “but the streets raised me.”

Mr. Red's music has been described as a “near-perfect balance of power, respect, fear, and knowledge that can't be bought, duplicated or faked.”

Red has used the motto, “Bringing back the real,” and his current official bio describes his music as being “up-front in your face and hardcore,” yet “not so far-fetched that it’s unbelievable.”

“If I was born white,” Mr. Red has said, “I'd be CEO of a Fortune 500 corporation, but instead you get Mr. Red, the streets' C.E.O. And my main objective in this business is I wanna get rid of the impossible and bring back the probable.”

“Expensive Taste” by Mr. Red is available from over 600 quality music stores online worldwide now.

-S. McCauley


“Expensive Taste” by Mr. Red –


Official Website –


No comments:

Post a Comment