Saturday, June 2, 2018

Our Untold Story release album 'My Dreams, My Rules'



The punk rock crew from Stockholm, Sweden known as Our Untold Story have released their new album, “My Dreams, My Rules.” It contains 10 original OUS tracks for an approximate total listening time of 35 minutes. “My Dreams, My Rules” has been proudly published on the XJT Music independent record label without the involvement of the corporate music industry. Part classic punk, part classic rock, and absolutely all heart, “My Dreams, My Rules” is the debut LP record fans of Our Untold Story have been clamoring for.

Front man Xander Turian of Our Untold Story has cited as main artistic influences Green Day, Foo Fighters, the Hives, the Hellacopters, the Doors, the Beatles, and the Rolling Stones. They have been described by bassist Kim Liljedahl as “an alternative rock band drawing influences from '70s classic rock and '90s pop-punk.”

As such, the album oscillates between the Buzzcocks and the Animals. Their varied songwriting mode is reminiscent of X, while Turian's lyric style and vocal delivery is likewise varied on a scale from X's John Doe to an occasional hint of Lou Reed. If the above names hint to the music fan at deep blues-rock influences, this will likely appear in Our Untold Story's guitar work.

Asked to describe the overall themes of his new LP, Xander Turian writes, “'My Dreams, My Rules' is an autobiographical story about my journey through life, growing up, dealing with the joys and hardships life deals everyone, from love to bullies, from heartbreak to abuse, from drug addiction to family and friends – travel, education, work, and the breaking free from the tedium of everyday life.”

But “My Dreams, My Rules” also tells an uplifting narrative of tenacity and achievement.

“It's also about the journey of self-discovery,” Turian says, “of creating your own path in life and following your dreams, setting your own rules, and proving all the haters and non-believers wrong. It's about proving to yourself that you can achieve absolutely anything you desire. Ask, and the universe shall provide.”

Be sure also to see the new Our Untold Story lyric video, “Strong Ones,” which single appears on “My Dreams, My Rules” and is free for viewing online now.

Turian says of the new “Strong Ones” video, “I always like my music to tell a story and that’s what we have tried to do here. 'Strong Ones' is a song about growing up, being bullied, being pushed down and being an outsider. Whilst all the stereotypical ‘popular’ kids are partying around them and following trends, the outcast is focusing on studying, music or developing a certain skill. The tables turn years on into adulthood, and those once called geeks, freaks and nerds are the ones leading the way. They are the ones following their dreams while trend followers are left behind. The downtrodden have become the ‘Strong Ones.’”

Our Untold Story continue to garner awards, including Bronze Winner, Global Music Awards 2017, Best Music Video for “Calm Seas Don't Make Good Sailors,” and from the Feel The Reel International Film Festival, the Oniros Film Awards, the International Music Video Underground, the Monthly Film Festival (TMFF), and a nomination from the Monkey Bread Tree Film Awards.

“My Dreams, My Rules” from Our Untold Story is available from over 600 quality digital music stores online worldwide now. Get in early.

-S. McCauley
Lead Press Release Writer


“My Dreams, My Rules” from Our Untold Story –

Official Website –


No comments:

Post a Comment