Monday, November 23, 2015

Rocker Cathy Richardson releases new single 'What I Am'


The rock singer known as Cathy Richardson has released her latest solo single, “What I Am.” The track is her most prominent solo release since 2006, an upbeat, catchy, incredibly empowering rock single with which fans of many music genres will identify and instantly love.

Richardson is perhaps best known for her work as front woman for Jefferson Starship, in which role she helped bring about the legendary band's first full-length record in over a decade, “Jefferson's Tree of Liberty,” in 2008. The year before saw Richardson singing lead for Janis Joplin's Big Brother and the Holding Co. alongside Joplin's original band members on the Summer of Love 40th Anniversary Tour.

“When Richardson pours her magnificent, flexible voice into one of Joplin's signature numbers,” says the San Francisco Chronicle, “the experience is more real than any live recording ever captured.”

Grammy nominee and four-time DIY Music Award winner Cathy Richardson has been called “the best female voice in rock today.” She has published no fewer than seven official releases with her universally loved group, the Cathy Richardson Band, the earliest record going back to 1993's “Moon, Not Banana.” Another project for which she sings, the Macrodots, has been steadily adding to their loyal fan base since their 2010 LP, “The Other Side.” The Macrodots' sophomore LP is expected to drop in coming months, also.

Michael Allison of the Global Muse calls Cathy Richardson “one of the most interesting and inspirational singer/songwriters that I've heard. This music is simply amazing and as off the wall and unpredictable as anything I could imagine.”

Richardson's new “What I Am” single has been turning the heads of audiophiles in every music genre since its appearance on 2 November worldwide. For this capital release Richardson signed to the popular Australian independent label, Chance MUSIC, which is rapidly gaining prominence at home and around the world.

Commenting on the themes of her new “What I Am” track, Richardson writes, “Like anyone, I struggle with insecurities, that push and pull of confidence and self doubt. Whether onstage or in daily life, for me, it's really about not being afraid to shine my brightest and own my awesomeness.”

The idea isn't about self-aggrandizement, however. Richardson's goal for her music is to make life warmer for everyone, everywhere.

“When you step into your greatness,” she says, “you elevate the vibration of the world around you. You literally make the world a better place. That's the message I would most like to instill in my kids, and when I hear them singing along to every word – and they don't even know what some of the words mean, yet – it brings a tear to my eye. In my dreams, people across the world are singing 'What I Am' as a love song to themselves.”

“What I Am” by Cathy Richardson from Chance MUSIC is available online worldwide. Get in early, music fans. Be sure also not to miss the official music video (link provided below).

-S. McCauley
Lead Press Release Writer
www.MondoTunes.com

“What I Am” by Cathy Richardson at iTunes –


“What I Am” Official Music Video –


Website –


Facebook –


Twitter –


@CashRichRecords

No comments:

Post a Comment