Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Ralston Calder releases new single 'This Dream'


The singer and songwriter known as Ralston Calder has released his new R 'n' B single, “This Dream.” The track has been proudly published as an independent release without the financial or managerial support of the corporate music industry. Evocative, sonorous, and powerfully moving, “This Dream” by Ralston Calder is a rhythm-and-blues song fans of the sound will want to hear all over the world.

Ralston Calder cites as main artistic influences such titans of music as Bob Marley, Michael Jackson, Prince, Beres Hammond and Stevie Wonder. His own style and tone on “This Dream” have most in common with the latter two, and work as a facile blend. His natural singing voice is not unlike Hammond's, while his songwriting is reminiscent of Stevie Wonder's more tender moments.

Asked to describe his start in music, Calder explains that he's “always loved it, and always enjoyed immensely singing and writing songs.”

Regrettably, the pathos with which he sings his new single, “This Dream,” is absolutely unfeigned.

“This song is for those who know what it like to lose the love of their lives,” he writes. “Here I share my heartbreak and what some would say is my foolish belief that love will bring her back to me.”

Ralston Calder was born and raised in the parish of St. Catherine on Jamaica. He has described his music style as a mix of R 'n' B, reggae, and hip-hop music. He has been writing songs since he was a young man.

“In my youth,” he describes, “my friends and I would hang out at my house, about six of us. We would have paper and pen and would make up songs about the beautiful girls in our neighborhood. We would sometimes have our own little contest to see who could come up with the best song. At other times we would combine all our ideas and perform our songs together. This was an all-night event. My friends would ask me just what it is I am waiting for and why don't I just do what I love.”

The encouragement was the catalyst which has led to Calder's “This Dream” single, and to other tracks as well.

“With a little help from my friends, I started my journey,” he writes.

Ralston Calder now lives, writes, and records his music in New York.

“This Dream” by Ralston Calder is available online worldwide.

-S. McCauley
Lead Press Release Writer
www.MondoTunes.com

“This Dream” by Ralston Calder –


Website -


No comments:

Post a Comment