Friday, July 13, 2018

Rapper Xtravagant releases new single 'Wonder Why Lil Shawty'



The rapper and producer of hip hop known as Xtravagant has released his latest official single, “Wonder Why Lil Shawty.” The track has been proudly published on the 6 Figure Gang independent record label without the direction of the corporate music industry. Riding a deep, rolling bass track with rat-a-tat percussion and an ultra-smooth vocal style, “Wonder Why Lil Shawty” shows every sign of being Xtravagant's new flagship track in 2018.

Xtravagant cites as main artistic influences Tupac Shakur, Master P, Lil Boosie, Lil Webbie, Future, Rich Homie Quan, Lil Durk, Yo Gotti, Tee Grizzly, Lil Durk and “plenty others.” His own sound bears elements of each of these while retaining a signature all its own.

Since I was a child I always had passion for music,” writes Xtravagant. “Think I was about 16 when I really wrote my first couple bars though. During my incarceration I really started to take it serious while it became a better way to express myself and to relieve stress.”

Incarceration helped Xtravagant's music career in more than one way, though. “Wonder Why Lil Shawty” is based on an autobiographical behind-bars story.

It gives an insight of my life to the listeners,” Xtravagant says. “It speaks about an ex-girlfriend not remaining loyal nor keeping it real by holding me down while I'm incarcerated. In the song, it's other females being spoken about, also. Once I'm free and they see me doing good, now they trying to be a part of life again. The song is real. So I guess you can say I'm sharing one of my life stories with my fans.”

Xtravagant is the stage name of Moses Le'Cal Stallings from Aiken, South Carolina. Having grown up on the rougher north side of town, Xtravagant's youth revolved around drug addicts, drug dealers, gang violence, and school expulsion.

My mother moved me and the family to Norcross, GA, where I was then enrolled at Norcross High,” writes Xtravagant. “Running the streetz and selling drugs on the daily, my mother knew it wasn't no changing me, so she took me back to South Carolina to live with my auntie and uncle. She always said if I was ever to get locked up, at least it would be where we are from.”

Xtravagant knew his lifestyle could not end well, so he made plans for college and the US Army, respectively.

I was going to end up dead or in prison,” he says. “I told my mother and my girlfriend about my plans, however they disagreed, not wanting me that far off. Couple months later I was locked up for armed robbery and assault and battery with intent to kill.”

Xtravagant was sentenced to 13 years and received an additional 10 years ran concurrently for actions he says resulted in self defense.

I started reading books,” Xtravagant writes. “I started seeking knowledge of self. I found out who I truly was and what I really wanted out of life. I learned that I could do anything I put my mind to. I started writing music without being taught. I told myself I would never let the devil try to destroy me again. I switched from negative to positive with the help of God. So now I'm here waiting to be released, so that I can really pursue my dreams.”

Wonder Why Lil Shawty” from Xtravagant is available from over 600 quality digital music stores online worldwide now.

-S. McCauley
Lead Press Release Writer


Wonder Why Lil Shawty” from Xtravagant –

No comments:

Post a Comment