Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Alt-rocker Cheryl Boutz releases new LP 'Blackout'


The singer and songwriter of alternative rock music known as Cheryl Boutz has released her latest LP album, “Blackout.” The record contains 13 original tracks for an approximate total listening time of 50 minutes, making for a roundly comprehensive introduction to this evocative and powerful singer for music fans not yet acquainted. It has been proudly published on the Tate Music Group independent record label, who also released Cheryl Boutz's “Evolution” LP in spring 2014. Heartfelt, verve-charged and packed with exceptional songwriting, “Blackout” by Cheryl Boutz is a clear sign that alternative rock is very much alive and just as heavy hitting as it ever was.

Cheryl Boutz cites as main artistic influences Heart, Red, Hinder, Nickelback, and songwriter-producer Kish Moody. Her own style is aggressive without being macho, passionate without being dramatic, and often shadowy without being overtly dark. The resulting blend strikes the listener as lush, stormy and intimately personal rock music.

The intimacy of Cheryl Boutz's “Blackout” LP is one of its most-striking characteristics, one of the attributes which causes songs by Boutz to stand out among the throngs of independent alt-rock musicians today.

“My music is about life,” Boutz writes. “I write music that reaches out to people, touching their heart. My songs tell stories. I have been told by many people that they feel my heart when they listen to my songs.”

Whether the listener is a fan of the alt-rock genre or no, he or she will attest that truly Boutz is inside her music speaking out from it, sharing it with the listener, not just playing rock for its own sake.

“I've always felt that what makes a good singer is when a person can listen and feel the emotions and meaning of the message in the song,” she writes. “If a person cannot feel the message in the song, they are not going to believe it.”

Much of the emotional impact of the songwriting on “Blackout” stems from its roots in cold, stark reality. As a survivor of domestic abuse, Boutz laces her songs with truths that are sometimes painful, but punctuates these with uplifting currents of encouragement, perseverance and ultimate victory.

She writes of this, “Some of the songs on 'Blackout' express awareness and the things I experienced. I use my personal experience as a way to help others. So many people experience domestic abuse and often wonder how they got there, or are looking for a way out. 'Blackout' also talks about some of my dark side, feelings and experiences I've had that words couldn't express.”

Cheryl Boutz is a Poze Productions VIP Artist, hand picked from a thousand other performers in 2012. She has been featured on Poze Radio's Sat. Night weekly rotation and in Poze Magazine. Having been showcased so prominently, Boutz was picked up by Oklahoma City's Tate Music Group in 2013. Her debut LP, “Evolution,” won Best Album at both the Akademia and X-Poze-ing Music Awards, as well as X-Poze-ing's Best Alternative Album and Best Song for her “Breathless” single.

“It's always been my nature to use music to express my feelings,” Boutz writes. “In a sea of mixed emotions, while I spent a lot of time away from home, friends and family, it came natural for me to start writing songs about the way I felt. I've been writing now for over 20 years.”

“Blackout” by Cheryl Boutz is available online worldwide.

-S. McCauley
Lead Press Release Writer
www.MondoTunes.com

“Blackout” by Cheryl Boutz –

Website –


No comments:

Post a Comment