Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Nishay Fisher releases new EP 'Gravity Point'


The singer and songwriter known as Nishay Fisher has released her latest EP record, “Gravity Point.” The extended-play record contains six original tracks from the artist for an approximate total listening time of 20 minutes. It has been proudly published on the GoldStruck Entertainment independent music label without support from the corporate music industry. Upbeat, highly danceable, and well-suited for today's public radio listeners, “Gravity Point” is an excellent example of contemporary pop in 2014.

Nishay Fisher, who goes only by Nishay on her new record, hails from the capital city of Nassau in the Bahamas. Asked to cite some of her most important artistic influences, she meekly balks, saying only, “Honest in my heart, too many artistic influences to name.” While her new album certainly does belong primarily to the category of pop music, certain nuances can be noted which set her apart from the rest. These elements hint at the cultural underpinnings that guide her unique musical character.

“I grew up going to my father's live shows and listening to different types of music,” Nishay writes, “including a local sound called 'rake and scrape,' which is a Bahamian cultural art form surrounding a Bahamian festival called 'Junkanoo.'”

Neither was Nishay herself an island of music born to uncreative parents. “Growing up, I was a child prodigy of a musical family,” she writes. “My father is a lead guitarist in a band, one of my brothers plays the saxophone, my sister sings, and my great grandfather played the bass. We're just really involved in music and art.”

With song titles like “Kiss Kiss” and “You Little Devil You,” contrasting with others such as “Murder” and “Don't Give A...,” it's easy to tell that “Gravity Point” has more to say than mere sugar and spice.

Of this Nishay says, “I named my first release 'Gravity Point' because as much as I have been held down by a strong weight in some areas of my life, I have never stopped; I have kept moving. Now I am at the point where I feel as if there is only up from here and nothing to hold me back.”

Far from a work of fiction, “Gravity Point” is an autobiographical musical work.

“Each song on my EP represents a part of my life I have been through,” says Nishay. “Every song on this EP album is a true story. In the long run, I hope my fans and listeners can somehow relate – and if it helps them positively to know they're not alone, that's ultimately the goal I would love to accomplish.”

“Gravity Point” by Nishay is available online worldwide.

-S. McCauley
Lead Press Release Writer
www.MondoTunes.com

Gravity Point” by Nishay –



No comments:

Post a Comment