Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Rapper Da 1 Handed Bandit releases new single 'I Ain't Callin Ya'


The rapper and performer of hip hop known as Da 1 Handed Bandit has released her latest official single, “I Ain't Callin Ya.” The track has been released as a spearhead and preview of her upcoming, highly awaited album, “God's New Breed,” both of which are being proudly published on the independent Burn'Em Up Productions record label without support from the corporate music industry. Heavy hitting, direct, and more aggressive than a platoon of angry marines, “I Ain't Callin Ya” by Da 1 Handed Bandit is a must-hear for fans of rap music everywhere.

“I Ain't Callin Ya,” like other tracks from Da 1 Handed Bandit, is variously cataloged as rap, hip hop, gangsta and hardcore rap, and her unabashed rhymes and lines can stand strong with any of the material by such artists as DMX, Snoop Lion, or the Notorious B.I.G.. Nevertheless, she cites as main artistic influences no specific artists.

“I listen to any artist that speaks about realistic things of life,” she writes, noting that for inspiration she looks to both her late brother and the Christian God.

“I watched my older brother growing up. He loved raps, and he wrote a lot. R.I.P. Ra-Ra Clincy! But then again, I think it's in the blood; my younger brother raps, also.” Speaking of the themes of her soon-to-be-released record, she relates, “My album is about my life. I just want people to know that you can do all things through our Heavenly Father. When you are in the streets, there is another choice than hell or jail.”

Asked whether she writes her music alone or collaborates with other rappers, Da 1 Handed Bandit says, “I write all my music. The way I look at it is, how can a two-handed person write for a one-handed person? … LOL.”

Da 1 Handed Bandit's official bio from Burn'Em Up Productions describes her as “courageous and lyrically inclined in music,” with much “accrued street credibility” and nothing to prove. “She has earned every inch of her success and respect in the music business,” the bio continues, declaring that “Tycie Burns (AKA 'Da 1 Handed Bandit') has become a business woman, owning a record label, writing an influential book, and being known as the top female rapper out of Jackson, MS.”

Further setting her apart from other rappers, the bio specifies, is her official motto: “I am not an entertainer.”

“I Ain't Callin Ya” by Da 1 Handed Bandit is available online worldwide beginning 8 August 2014.

-S. McCauley
Lead Press Release Writer
www.MondoTunes.com

I Ain't Callin Ya” by Da 1 Handed Bandit --


No comments:

Post a Comment