Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Matt Eugene releases new EP 'Midnight Train'


The singer and songwriter known as Matt Eugene has released his latest EP record, “Midnight Train.” The album comprises five original Eugene tracks for an approximate total listening time of 15 minutes. It has proudly been published as an independent release outside the reach of the corporate music infrastructure. A remarkably evocative and accessible acoustic pop/rock record, Matt Eugene's “Midnight Train” rolls and grooves with an inertia more powerful than that of many “plugged-in” records.

Canadian-born Matt Eugene cites as main artistic influences such popular musicians as Dallas Green, Ben Folds, Alice in Chains, and the Pixies. From these Eugene takes certain nuances to add to his own unique amalgam, which feels like grunge-inspired alternative rock except warmer, striking the ear more gently and pulling at the hearer with hooks and refrains more native to the pop genre.

Matt Eugene himself describes “Midnight Train” as something more personal than mere classifications, however.

“My album shares an acoustic rock sound reflective of pain we go through in our lives,” he writes, adding also that it comments on what he calls “positive changes in life.”

This is not to say that his “Midnight Train” EP is strictly autobiography. It isn't.

“I've always taken an intimate angle to all my songwriting,” writes Eugene, “and I put a lot of emotion into my songs. I try to write about something everyone can relate to no matter what age or who they are. It pleases me to know I might touch someone with my songs or have some influence on them for a positive change. My life is music and always will be.”

Matt Eugene grew up in the Canadian city of Moncton, New Brunswick. He has written and performed in a great many musical styles, including rock, grunge, funk, metal, roots rock and acoustic folk. After playing in many groups led by himself or by others, he eventually found his way to the modern studio where he could make his music precisely the way he wanted.

His current official bio tells it: “I never really fit in anywhere or did anything everyone else was doing, I just played bass for various bands, guitar, and sang. I tried having my own bands a few times, but I found the easiest way to do something is to do it yourself. I'm pretty flexible, but a lot of musicians and friends just didn't have the drive and compassion for it that I did – I mean, to make it really work – and stick together.”

It's not that Eugene has simply decided to record on his own, either, but rather that technology has made it possible.

“I'm happy my fans can finally access my music in this digital age,” Eugene writes. “The industry has changed so much; I remember getting rejected by a major label in the '90s, and being so young, I took it hard and thought the worst. But now everything is so different. An artist has more power on their own than they ever did before. You want to do something in your life you're passionate about? Just do it. Don't let anything slow you down!”

His official bio concludes – “Matt is in his late 30s and continues to look for opportunities to share his music every day.”

“Midnight Train” by Matt Eugene is available online worldwide.

-S. McCauley
Lead Press Release Writer
www.MondoTunes.com

“Midnight Train” by Matt Eugene –

Website –


No comments:

Post a Comment