Thursday, March 6, 2014

Rosa Bird releases new single 'Super Power'


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE –

The activist turned musician known as Rosa Bird has released his second official single, titled, “Super Power.” It is the most significant material to be officially released from Rosa Bird since his popular track, “Fluffy Thang,” was published in September of 2013. Like that incendiary single, “Super Power” is an openly adversarial stance against the unjust, illegal and immoral activities of governments and the politicians who operate in them. Specifically, “Super Power” is an aggressive indictment of the warmongering tendencies of the world's political and military superpowers, and of the shallow value systems which drive them to steal resources from the less-defended nations of the world.

Rosa Bird cites as main artistic influences such legends as Art Porter, Pink Floyd, Kid Creole and the Coconuts, Cassandra Wilson, Manu Dibango, Metallica, and Kurt Cobain. As may be suggested by his widely varied selections, he appreciates music with rock 'n' roll in its heart and meaning to convey in its lyrics.

“My music is intended to give a different perspective on political and social matters,” Rosa Bird writes. “[I write my songs] to challenge the status quo, 'business as usual' positions and opinions, to speak truth to issues, to promote vertical thought processes for the listener and to initiate social change.”

Rosa Bird's ancestry give insight into his conscientious and courageous personality. He was born in 1960 in Shreveport, LA.

“I am the great grandson of a former slave and Chickasaw woman,” he writes. “My childhood was very fun and normal for rural Louisiana until at the age of eleven a drunk took my mother's life, after which I was publicly sociable yet privately introverted.

“I spent my teen years fishing, hunting, meditating and privately anguishing over the loss of my mother. During this time I became rather spiritual and insightful; I developed an ability to reduce convoluted matters to their lowest common denominator and root cause; my wisdom exceeded my years. I became sympathetic toward the needs of the less fortunate and resentful toward those who systematically misuse them.”

Rosa Bird is a graduate of Grambling State University and a veteran of the US Army. A serious scholar of the Christian Bible, he disavowed organized religion in the 1980s.

He speaks of the theme of his new single, “'Super Power' is intended to direct attention to President Eisenhower’s warning against the dangers of a military-industrial complex.”

“Super Power” by Rosa Bird is available online worldwide. It is not to be missed.

-S. McCauley
Lead Press Release Writer
MondoTunes

ARTIST CONTACT INFO:

eMail -

rosabirdrocks@yahoo.com

Website -

rosabirdrocks@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment