Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Merc100Man releases LP album “Young Fly and Self-Employed”

Merc100Man, formerly known as Merciless, has released his latest LP record “Young, Fly, and Self-Employed.


Merc100Man, formerly known as Merciless, has released his latest LP record “Young, Fly, and Self-Employed.” Fans will recognize Merc100 as the heart and soul of legendary old-school rap crew “Funky Aztecs,” who released hit LPs “Chicano Blues” and “Dia de los Muertos” in 1992 and 1996 – both of which featured fellow TNT records artist Tupac Shakur – as well as “Addicted” and “Real Tales of the Funky Aztecs” in '99 and 2000. He was also a member of the Texas-based all-star rap crew, “Lone Star Ridaz.”

Merc100Man's new album, “Young, Fly, and Self-Employed,” is everything the old style was and a little more: a little more classy, a little more funky, and a little more intellectual (although it must be noted that Merc100Man has always been known for his socially conscientious writing). The value of the record in flat dollars cannot be better, boasting 16 tracks that comprise nearly a full hour's worth of heavy-hitting, old-school rap compositions. This rap is hard as stone, with beats so deep in the groove Merc100 hardly needs any other accompaniment – just the way it used to be. If the listener is looking for lots of over-souled vocals with autotuning effects on them, he should look elsewhere. The album isn't all rhythm and muscle, though. It's chock full of heart, too.

Merc100Man was convicted of marijuana possession in the state of Texas and sentenced to eight years' prison, which he began serving in 2010. With the help of friend and multi-platinum producer Happy Perez, production of “Young, Fly, and Self-Employed” continued. “I recorded as much as I could before and while in Prison,” says Merc100Man. “It was hard to get things in and out. I recorded some verses over the phone. I will finish up the rest of the album when I’m out on parole, [and it will be] released in January of 2013 on my new Independent Label ”5-Star G Entertainment,” which I started with my brother, Q.”

Merc100's had some rough spots, but he tells fans to keep their chins up. He tells his listeners: “Be yourself. Express yourself without any barriers, and if you have made some bad decisions in life, it doesn’t mean you can’t move forward and be positive, or even a positive influence on the people around you. I have just been released from prison a few months ago on parole, but that doesn't mean my life is over. Really, in fact it's just the opposite. Just because I’m a felon does not mean I’m stuck in life or that I have to dwell in the past for my mistakes, keep myself down or think as myself as a loser, that I’m not gonna make it in life or society.” Merc100Man couldn't possibly be more optimistic or have more reasons to feel victorious. “So I can’t vote – that’s the only thing I can’t do now. As for the rest, the sky’s the limit for me still; I’m 'Young, Fly and Self-Employed.'”

Merc100Man's full-length LP “Young, Fly, and Self-Employed” hits digital shelves everywhere in January of 2013.

-S. McCauley
Staff Press Release Writer
MondoTunes

The LP “Young, Fly, and Self-Employed” is distributed globally by MondoTunes (www.MondoTunes.com) and is available at iTunes for convenient purchase and download

MondoTunes (www.mondotunes.com) supplies the largest music distribution in the world and provides upstream services for many major labels in search of breakout artists. While most independent distributors reach only 45-50 retailers despite charging needless monthly and yearly fees, MondoTunes reaches over 750 retailers and mobile partners in over 100 world regions without any monthly or yearly fees.

ARTIST CONTACT INFO:

eMail -

merc@merc100man.com

website -

www.merc100man.com


No comments:

Post a Comment