Thursday, December 19, 2013

Dreeman releases new EP 'One'


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE –

The composer of digital music known as Dreeman has released his debut extended-play record album, titled, “One.” The record is composed of 10 original Dreeman tracks, plus one by featured artist and friend, Jr. Chavez. The instrumental album has an approximate total listening time of half an hour. A stripped-down digital record from the old-school traditions of American house music, “One” by Dreeman represents independent music from an independent mind, a collection of unique songs that take cues from the artist's creative spirit alone.

Dreeman cites as main artistic influences such widely varied artists as Led Zeppelin, Gorillaz, Kid Cudi, Lighthouses, and Mindless Self Indulgence. While this brief list shows Dreeman's broad musical interests, it does not shed much light on the inspirations for his debut LP, “One.” This is because his record resists likenesses. It is uniquely his own. It stands for him as purely and directly as the word 'blue' does for the color of the ocean.

The rhythms on “One” are dependable and none too busy. Instrumentation is overtly digital without being brutally so, as can be the case with some EDM records. Dreeman's “One” is not your typical electronic dance music. It is electronically composed music with ambient textures and steady back beats. Its tones are warm, positive and uplifting, its melodies alive with flow and mellow groove.

These emotions come from Dreeman, himself, who communicates them through his music as surely as a telegrapher.

“I am Dreeman,” he writes. “My life has consisted of a lot of crazy events, and who I am is the person formulated by such things as good friends, a messed up family, poor education, no money, drugs, and a lot of music.”

Luckily for music fans everywhere, the music seems to have been the anchoring factor.

He continues, “As a child I was a pretty average kid, but my passion for music has always been very strong, probably because music was something my father knew a lot about. My parents divorced when I was five or six, and I grew up switching between their homes until I was 12 or 13 when my mom passed away.”

The forthcoming hardships and ensuing life among musicians would determine his future as a music artist, himself.

“I lived with my father and his wife through the rest of school, and those were some rough times. Music was one of my only friends, the only friend I couldn’t be grounded from. Once I finished school I moved out into a crappy party house with some friends who were in a band – which was an awesome experience because we would have full-scale concerts in our house. It made me want to be a part of music even more. After three years of hanging out with the same crowd and never progressing, I finally got resettled and made some music. I really hope you all enjoy it.”

“One” by Dreeman is available online worldwide. There's no reason for anyone not to enjoy it.

-S. McCauley
Staff Press Release Writer
MondoTunes

ARTIST CONTACT INFO:

eMail -

dalenfreeman91@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment