Monday, December 9, 2013

Simply Undrea releases new EP 'Gravitas'


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE –

The singer and songwriter from California's Bay Area known as Simply Undrea has released her latest EP record album, titled, “Gravitas.” The album is comprised of seven original tracks for an approximate total listening time of half an hour. The album has been released on the Darma Productions music record label and includes the remarkable single, “Free.” Composed entirely for guitar and vocals, “Gravitas” represents one of the most pure music recordings of 2013, and the most significant official release from Simply Undrea to date.

Simply Undrea cites as main artistic influences such artists as Aaliyah, Arrows to Athens, Coldplay, Kyler England, Japanese composer Nobuo Uematsu, and Japanese singer-songwriter, Utada Hikaru.

“I got involved with music at an early age because my mother helped cultivate the natural abilities she saw within me,” writes Simply Undrea. “I gravitated towards the stereo and the vinyl player that we owned, so she gave me a cassette tape recorder. She taught me how to use it so that I could sing to it and hear what I had taped. I quickly fell in love with it and would sing Anita Baker songs into it often.”

“Gravitas,” the title of her new EP, is defined as “dignity, seriousness, or solemnity of manner” by Dictionary.com. This ambiance is present in Simply Undrea's record in the form of carefully penned lyrics that evoke senses of human togetherness, conscientiousness, and compassion. This style of writing comes from her long history of exploring herself in the literary arts.

“As I got older,” she comments, “I started expressing myself through snippets of poetry. “My Mother always encouraged me to put myself out there and to share what I had written.”

As may seem intuitive, poetry was the gateway that lead Undrea to music.

She writes, “After high school, I became very dedicated to my craft and I started producing my own instrumentals. Eventually those poems became full-songs and I’ve been creating material and singing ever since!”

Simply Undrea's single, “I Thought,” hit KPOO 89.5 FM's No. 1 chart position in San Francisco when she was only 19.

“Gravitas” by Simply Undrea is available online worldwide beginning 9 December 2013.

-S. McCauley
Staff Press Release Writer
MondoTunes

The EP “Gravitas” is distributed globally by MondoTunes (www.MondoTunes.com) and is available at iTunes for convenient purchase and download

MondoTunes (www.mondotunes.com) supplies the largest music distribution in the world and provides upstream services for many major labels in search of breakout artists. While most independent distributors reach only 45-50 retailers despite charging needless monthly and yearly fees, MondoTunes reaches over 750 retailers and mobile partners in over 100 world regions without any monthly or yearly fees.

ARTIST CONTACT INFO:

eMail -
undrea@simplyundrea.com

Website -
www.simplyundrea.com

Twitter -

http://www.twitter.com/simplyundrea

No comments:

Post a Comment