Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Singer-songwriter Rick Slinkard releases new single 'I Feel Your Heart'


The singer and songwriter from San Diego, CA, known as Rick Slinkard has released his latest single, titled, “I Feel Your Heart.” The song is an intensely heartfelt track that reaches out to the persons who have been affected by the torments of war around the world. It is a ballad of romance set against a tragic background of modern catastrophe that brings tears to the eyes and a knot in the throat. It is also a declaration of the triumph of the human spirit that prevails in times of chaos and destruction to lift love, life, and undying mutual affection to heights no worldly machinations can pursue.

The song itself is composed for piano and vocals with string accompaniment, and features in addition to Slinkard's own warm, natural singing voice the talents of Astra Kelly, who plays a charming role in the success of the song. An instrumental version of “I Feel Your Heart” is also available.

Speaking firsthand of the themes that guide the single, Slinkard writes, “'I Feel Your Heart' is about the romantic love found in a young couple who find themselves pulled apart by the trauma of war. It will resonate with a first responder or military family.”

Though this may seem like dark pretenses for a love song, Slinkard's is not a pessimistic track at all. He continues, “I believe that true love endures separation and even death. It provides hope for eternal life. 'I Feel Your Heart' may be played at weddings, funerals and offer comfort to families.“

Sheet music for his song has also been made available.

Slinkard names as main artistic influences legends such as The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Bonnie Raitt, and Ray LaMontagne. He dropped out of high school to tour with his band, but ended up with a master's degree in MFT psychology, anyhow. His personal history with warfare informs his decision to write “I Feel Your Heart.”

“My dad survived two airplane crashes in WWII,” he says, “and my older brother, the Vietnam War. 'I Feel Your Heart,' was just a tune in my head for 10 years. I found myself singing it on walks, from deep inside my soul. I took a picture of my 90-year-old mother listening to the song for the first time wearing headphones, and I honor her with the cover photo. I hope it will comfort you, as well.”

“I Feel Your Heart,” by Rick Slinkard, is available online worldwide beginning spring 2013.

-S. McCauley
Staff Press Release Writer
MondoTunes

The single “I Feel Your Heart” is distributed globally by MondoTunes (www.MondoTunes.com) and is available at iTunes for convenient purchase and download

MondoTunes (www.mondotunes.com) supplies the largest music distribution in the world and provides upstream services for many major labels in search of breakout artists. While most independent distributors reach only 45-50 retailers despite charging needless monthly and yearly fees, MondoTunes reaches over 750 retailers and mobile partners in over 100 world regions without any monthly or yearly fees.

ARTIST CONTACT INFO:

eMail -

rickslinkard@icloud.com

website -

www.Ifeelyourheart.com

Twitter:

No comments:

Post a Comment