Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Polly Baker releases new single 'Good at Goodbyes'


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE –

The singer and songwriter known as Polly Baker has released her debut pop single, titled, “Good at Goodbyes.” The track has been released along with an official lyric video available for viewing by the public at the artist's own official website (link provided below). A rocking, rolling, upbeat and passionate song with roots in the modern pop-country style, “Good at Goodbyes” stands as a sure sign that Polly Baker belongs on the same top shelf as some of the most popular American pop music artists today.

Baker cites as main artistic influences such songsmiths as Taylor Swift, Kate Voegele, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry, Thomas Rhett, Dan+Shay, Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan, Cassadee Pope, and Maroon 5. Though some of these inspirations ring out more obviously than others in the major-scale chord progressions of “Good at Goodbyes,” elements of each are easy to discern therein. One of the more obvious attributes is the prominent storytelling aspect of her lyrics.

I love telling stories,” she writes, “and I love translating conversations into song lyrics. I hope that my listeners love hearing about my experiences in relationships and life, and I hope that they can relate to the songs.”

While a running narrative has long been the mainstay of folk and country music, romantic themes mainly provide lyrical force behind titanic pop performers such as Katy Perry and Selena Gomez.

I have learned a lot about love this past year, and all I can conclude is that love is crazy,” Baker says, “and unpredictable and beautiful. That’s why I write my songs. I am amazed at how a song can take a listener back to an exact moment in time. Melodies do sound just like memories. I hope my music can do that for each listener.”

With thousands of views on her YouTube channel and an increasingly enthusiastic throng of fans, Baker's early success is somewhat surprising to her. Still, she's taking it in stride.

I just didn’t really expect any of this to happen with my songs,” she comments. “I wanted it to, but I just didn’t think I would ever have the opportunity to pursue my music full time. I was originally going to settle for 'Plans B-through-E,' but now I’m going for 'Plan A.'”

Good at Goodbyes” by Polly Baker is available online worldwide beginning November 19th, 2013.

-S. McCauley
Staff Press Release Writer
MondoTunes

The single “Good at Goodbyes” is distributed globally by MondoTunes (www.MondoTunes.com) and is available at iTunes for convenient purchase and download

MondoTunes (www.mondotunes.com) supplies the largest music distribution in the world and provides upstream services for many major labels in search of breakout artists. While most independent distributors reach only 45-50 retailers despite charging needless monthly and yearly fees, MondoTunes reaches over 750 retailers and mobile partners in over 100 world regions without any monthly or yearly fees.

ARTIST CONTACT INFO:

eMail -

pollybakermusic@aol.com
Website -

www.pollybakermusic.com

Twitter:

@pollybakermusic

No comments:

Post a Comment