Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Roque releases glorious new single, 'I Got a New Man.'


The singer and songwriter known as Roque has released her latest single, titled, “I Got a New Man,” to the delight of fans around the globe. “I Got a New Man” is the landmark first single from her upcoming debut LP album, “Loud for Christ: Drown Out The Darkness,” the release date of which has not yet been officially announced. An instantly arresting track that combines pop elements with contemporary Christian themes, “I Got a New Man” showcases Roque as one of the most exciting new performers in both the Christian/gospel and secular music scenes today.

Roque's name (which is pronounced the same as 'Rocky') serves her as both a moniker and constant reminder for her fans, just precisely for Whom she is passionately writing and performing her music.

He's my Rock,” she writes. “He's my Key.”

Though her stunning, natural vocal timbre and crystal-clear singing style recall the quality and expertise of singers such as Mary Mary, Yolanda Adams, and Kari Job, Roque makes it a point that her mission is one of praise, not that of a mere entertainer.

It wasn’t my intention to be involved in music at all,” she writes, “specifically as an artist. Therefore it didn’t cross my mind that I would be singing Christian music. [My album] 'Loud for Christ' derived from an act of submission. I kept running until I couldn’t run anymore. I knew what God had been saying to me all along; I just didn’t want anything to do with music or the industry ever as an artist. Until one day, just so I could obtain peace I answered the call.”

She names as main artistic influences the likes of Whitney Houston, Pattie Labelle, Barbara Streisand, Melissa Manchester, Anita Baker, Michael Jackson, and Mariah Carey. Her vocal range and precision are remarkable and belong beside other sparkling chanteuses of her own high caliber. Her delivery and lyrical prowess are further hallmarks befitting a lifelong, star performer.

This is no coincidence, either. As the first African-American prodigy to join the Disney Channel’s Mickey Mouse Club as an official, leading cast member, Roque is also part of the elite echelon of performing artists that includes Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears, all of whom began their climb to stardom with the MMC.

I Got a New Man” by Roque is available online worldwide. Watch for her upcoming full-length album release, “Loud for Christ,” in the coming months.

-S. McCauley
Staff Press Release Writer
MondoTunes

The single “I Got a New Man” is distributed globally by MondoTunes (www.MondoTunes.com) and is available at iTunes for convenient purchase and download

MondoTunes (www.mondotunes.com) supplies the largest music distribution in the world and provides upstream services for many major labels in search of breakout artists. While most independent distributors reach only 45-50 retailers despite charging needless monthly and yearly fees, MondoTunes reaches over 750 retailers and mobile partners in over 100 world regions without any monthly or yearly fees.

ARTIST CONTACT INFO:

eMail -

pr@3rentertainment.com

website -

www.MyRoque.com

Twitter:

My_Roque

No comments:

Post a Comment